Sunday 17 May 2009

Just Another Cliche

You sit me down and give me a look
But you’re no longer an open book
I can’t take it in
My brain shuts down
It’s all a blur as I look around.
You didn’t mean it
I misunderstood
This can’t be real
Don’t know how you could.
Can’t sleep,
Can’t eat,
Can’t breath,
Can’t think
Can’t see beyond,
My next drink.
I’m dying, but nowhere near quickly enough.
I’m trying, but I forgot how to be tough.

(A/N Guess how things are going with the 'wonderful boyfriend' I recently mentioned!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm torn between admiring the writing, as it's a very good poem, and being sad because of the subject matter.

    I've also just spent the last 10 minutes-plus trying to come up with words of support that don't sound flippant or condescending to what you're going through, and I've utterly failed. I'm a rubbish friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're actually a wicked friend - just being you and being there is all the support I need hun x

    ReplyDelete