Wednesday 8 July 2009

Relaxed and Refreshed. New poem - 'Recovery'

Aaah, that's better!

Just got back from a 5 day short break in deepest Wales. Was absolutely beautiful scenery, peaceful little villages and towns and some surprisingly good food!

Realised that with all the emotional upheaval of recent months I really needed to get away. I even wrote a little something while I was there which probably best sums up how I'm feeling. It doesn't quite feel complete, but I like that, because although I feel a lot better, I know that my 'emotional journey' (yes, that's a terribly emo phrase but I think it's pretty approporiate!) is not quite complete either.

So here is 'Recovery'

It's amazing, the difference,
You get from some distance.
How you start to see,
Life the way it should be.
Who knew a short break,
Is all it would take.
Get away for a while,
Rediscover that smile.
Some fresh air, rain or shine,
Change of place will do fine.

The end... for the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment