Monday 16 August 2010

Updates: Freewriting

So I've been fairly sporadic with updating this blog, but it's not because I haven't been writing, just because I'm rubbish at remembering to actually put stuff up.

As I'm feeling totally crap today and have the day off work I've decided to try and remedy this situation by uploading a number of pieces I've written over the last few months, including some Freewrites.

Freewrites generally come from a number of challenges over at Allpoetry.com (Where I post as DaBill) But the Freewrites aren't saved in a way that allows others to read them from your account, so I'm thinking it's best if I put them up here as well.

The general idea of a Freewrite is pretty much as it sounds. You're given a topic or some kind of cue (could be a photo; a song; a poem etc.) and then you write whatever comes into your head. (Technically you're supposed to write as the words come, without editing - but when I post stuff I HAVE to edit a bit because I hate putting up posts with incorrect spelling or grammar - I know, I'm such a pedant!)

So anyway, that's just a quick explanation for the sudden flurry of posts I'll be putting up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment