Sunday 22 December 2019

So this is an old post that i forgot to put up.

But I have actually bought a house, with a study, since I wrote this.

And despite having actually bought a bigger place, it's still sadly relevant 😕

Why I have a very complicated relationship with Amazon.co.uk:

I love film, so naturally I want some new blurays.

Oh look, . Maybe the entire Criterion Collection. But then I should also have the BFI collection. With such an impressive collection it seems a shame to be watching them on a 32" telly. I could really use a 60" Smart TV to watch them on.

But my place is far too small for a 60" tv. Not to mention the additional bookcases I'll need to display my impressive film collection. I need to get a bigger house to fit my 60" TV and massive Bluray collection in.

Moving house is a big thing. So if I'm going to have a bigger house I may as well get one with a spare bedroom/study. But I don't 'study' so what else could I do with the spare room that I may as well get? I could have a personal cinema! I do have that awesome collection of movies. The great thing about movies is the cinema experience though. I don't really get that when I watch them on the same screen that I watch QI on.

Which means I'll need a projector with a 110" screen. After all, you can't have a cinema without a cinema screen. Ooh, and you can buy those popcorn makers now, I should definitely get one of those. Who goes to the cinema and doesn't have popcorn right?

I nearly forgot. A proper cinema needs proper sound equipment. I best get some really kickass surround sound set up.

Then it'll be perfect.

Right.

So how much money do I have to kick off this plan for cinematic awesomeness?

Better check my bank balance...

"You have zero funds available"

Ah.

Might as well clear my basket then.

Sometimes I hate what an obsessive consumer I've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment